MUCC ANNUAL CONVENTION
Save the Date!
Convention 2019 will be held in Houghton Lake at Lakeside Resort and Conference Center on June 21-23! More information will be sent out and updated in the upcoming months!
WELCOME TO THE 2019 MUCC ANNUAL CONVENTION PAGE!
MUCC is a strong, vibrant and impactful organization because of you, our members and affiliates. By being a true grassroots organization whose direction, focus and priorities are established by our members, our credibility relies on strength in numbers.
Every year since 1937, we have gathered to set the conservation agenda for Michigan. This year, we will convene in Houghton Lake, Michigan at the Lakeside Resort from June 21 to 23, 2019 to reconnect with old friends, make new connections and set forth a vision for conservation and our outdoor heritage.
The involvement of your organization in this process is vital to the success of MUCC. Sending representatives from your club ensures that your voice and your priorities are reflected in the work that MUCC does.
Our Annual Convention is one of the highlights of the year for the MUCC family. If you regularly attend convention, you already know the many improvements we have made to guarantee a fun, enriching and energizing weekend. If you haven’t been to convention or your club has not been represented there recently, please plan to attend.
This page will provide you with everything you need for the 2019 MUCC Annual Convention including registration forms, hotel information, resolution writing directions, a digital copy of the Convention Book and more as it becomes available!
The 2019 Annual Convention will take place June 21-23, 2019 at the Lakeside Resort Hotel and Conference Center located in Houghton Lake, Michigan. The hotel address is:
100 Clearview Drive
Houghton Lake, MI 48629
UPDATE: The only available rooms at Lakeside Resort & Conference Center are premium rooms.
Overflow discount rooms will now be available at the American Inn and Suites. This hotel is just a 3-minute drive away from the convention site. Call and mention that you are with MUCC.
American Inn and Suites
200 Cloverleaf Ln, Houghton Lake, MI 48629
2019 CONVENTION FORMS AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION
If you are interested in downloading and printing forms from the 2019 MUCC Annual Convention Book, please click on the links below. If you need to register for Annual Convention after June 9, 2019, please print off the forms below and bring them to the door. Thank you!
- SAVE THE DATE FLYER-you are welcome to make copies to share at meetings.
- 2019 CONVENTION BOOK
- 2019 COMMENTS AND BACKGROUND ON PROPOSED RESOLUTIONS, Containing MUCC Staff and DNR Comments
- - Or download by sections:
- Registration Form and Instructions-for voting delegate and non-voting guests (6/10 NOTE: Do not mail in anymore. Please fill out and bring to convention registration.)
- Club Authorization Form- is needed in order to have a club authorize what members are allowed to represent it at the Annual Convention or to designate a proxy (must be signed by 2 officers, due by June 12 for proxy authorization) (6/10 NOTE: Do not mail in anymore. Please fill out and bring to convention registration. You MUST have a club authorization form in order to be a club voting delegate)
- 2019 Proposed Policy Resolutions (note: renumbered for Annual Convention)
- Proposed 2019 Bylaws Amendments
- 2019 Annual Convention Schedule
- 2018 Annual Convention- Draft Minutes
- Club Officer Update Form to submit by mail OR submit Club Officer Update Form online: http://mucc.org/club-update/
- E-Board and MUCC Regional Map
- Moments of Memory Form
- Conservation Awards Nomination Form
- LAST CHANCE FOR RESOLUTIONS--Download packet for details on the March 23, 2019 Conservation Policy Meeting
- Ordering form for Tracks Magazine
If you have any questions, please contact Ian FitzGerald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-346-6488.
RUNNING FOR MUCC 2019-2020 ELECTED OFFICE (EXECUTIVE BOARD OR CONSERVATION POLICY BOARD)
Please review the information below and download a Nominations Form to submit.
- The 2019 Chairperson of the Nominations Committee is TBD. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact Ian FitzGerald at email@example.com or at 517-346-6488.
- All of the elected and appointed positions that are part of MUCC’s leadership team are listed on the back of the nomination form. Anyone completing the first year of a two-year term does not need to submit a form. All voting Conservation Policy Board members serve one-year terms and are required to run for election every year.
- Please complete the Nomination Form as legibly and completely as possible. If needed, you can use an extra sheet of paper. You can submit your form either by email or US mail. If needed, call Ian for assistance by phone.
- In order to be included in the Annual Convention Book, your information is needed by Monday, April 1, 2019. Nominations will continue to be accepted after that date, but must should be submitted electronically or postmarked by June 9 to ensure receipt. Nominations can also be made from the floor of the Annual Convention on the morning of Saturday, June 22.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SUBMIT A NOMINATIONS FORM:
Ian FitzGerald - firstname.lastname@example.org
2101 Wood St. Lansing, MI 48912
OTHER DOCUMENTS YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN REVIEWING:
- 2018 Approved Resolutions
- 2017 Approved Resolutions
- 2016 Approved Resolutions
- 2015 Approved Resolutions