Calling all future conservation leaders!
My service term is almost up with Huron Pines AmeriCorps (HPA) and its time to start recruiting for another member to experience what this program can offer them. If you want to be involved in the conservation career field but don’t know where to start, try looking into this opportunity. Here are a few highlights of the program from my perspective…
- There are 20-plus organization to choose from for your service term, find the one that fits your interest the best. You can serve with the Department of Natural Resources, Forest Service, MUCC, Land Conservancies, MI Sea Grant, Conservation Districts and more.
- If you have never explored Michigan, now is your chance to take a position in an area you wish to explore.
- This program is a 10-month service term.
- It’s a great way to be involved in not one, not two, but many different parts of a conservation organization. Each member will be able to see how their host-site operates.
- You receive an education award at the end of your service term to either knock off some student loans or help with furthering your education.
The program has been developing leaders in conservation across Michigan since 2007. Each member strives to enhance Michigan’s natural resources by engaging local volunteers, community groups and schools in service projects, hands-on learning opportunities and educational workshops. The impact this program has had is staggering. HPA members have restored over 1,000 miles of rivers, improved over 22,000 acres of public land and reached over 73,500 students across Michigan. Read more HERE
Not convinced yet that this opportunity is for you? Contact me, firstname.lastname@example.org, and I can answer any question you might have or I can point you in the direction of someone who can.
Leave a Comment