by Anna Mitterling, Wildlife Cooperative Coordinator, MUCC
In 2017, the Michigan Wildlife Cooperative program facilitated the following events around the state:
- Habitat Workshop Series, promoting mid-contract management options for properties in the Conservation Reserve Program, in partnership with local Conservation Districts
- Pilot run of the Deer Browse Survey, in partnership with DNR and Anchor Creek Deer Cooperative
- Private Landowner Burn Workshop, in partnership with the Michigan Prescribed Fire Council
- Pheasant Rendezvous, encouraging leaders of pheasant cooperatives and chapter leaders of Pheasants Forever
- Deer Rendezvous, encouraging leaders of deer cooperatives and branch leaders of Quality Deer Management Association
- Joint Partner Habitat Day @ the Maple River SGA, in partnership with MUCC, DNR, NWTF, QDMA, PF, DU, USFWS and local Conservation Districts
- Meetings with cooperative leaders and cooperatives about CWD, in partnership with DNR
The Michigan Wildlife Cooperative program has:
- Over 312,000 acres under wildlife cooperative management
- 91 deer cooperatives and 12 pheasant cooperatives registered
- Presented on cooperatives to over 1,000 unique individuals in 2017
- Participated in over 20 cooperative meetings in 2017
What has the Michigan Wildlife Cooperative program done for you and your hunting? Comment below, or send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments may be included in my annual report to the partners of this program: Pheasants Forever, Quality Deer Management Association, MUCC, and DNR.
Thank you to all of you who support this amazing program! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!