FREE Wildlife and Pollinator Habitat Workshop
Looking to attract deer, songbirds, pheasants and butterflies onto your property, at the same time improving air, water, and soil quality? Come to a free workshop near you to learn about programs and tools available to help you create quality wildlife habitat on your property!
Grassland habitats provide significant value to our natural resources in Michigan. Grasslands provide filtration to water, collect carbon to help clean our air, and hold down soil to prevent erosion. They also provide homes and food for a variety of wildlife including deer, songbirds, butterflies, turkeys, pheasants, and much more. Pollinators are being threatened, and their greatest need are grassland habitats with vibrant native wildflowers. Without pollinators, we face a threat of food shortages as pollinators allow food to grow.
You can help provide a safe haven and food source for our wild critters and pollinators. Michigan United Conservation Clubs, along with local Conservation Districts, Quality Deer Management Association Branches, Pheasant Forever Chapters, National Wildlife Federation, and the Department of Natural Resources, along with many other partners, are holding a special habitat workshop series around the Lower Peninsula to provide a background on how to plant, manage, and fund grassland habitats on private land.
These workshops will provide an overview of value grasslands provide on a landscape. They will also provide information on where to find seed and how to plant it, what financial and technical resources are available to assist you in creating and managing grassland habitats, and will showcase the great organizations who are here to help improve our habitats.
For more information and to register to attend a workshop near you, please visit www.mucc.org/pollinators. Please contact Anna Mitterling at email@example.com or 517-346-6454 with additional questions.
- Barry County: Tues, April 17 @ 7:00 PM, Pierce Cedar Creek Institute, 701 W. Cloverdale Rd, Hastings, MI
- Branch County: Thurs, March 29 @ 7:00 PM, Coldwater Township Hall, 319 Sprague Rd, Coldwater, MI
- Cass County: Tues, April 24 @ 5:30 PM, Camp Friedenswald,15406 Watercress Way, Cassopolis, MI
- Clinton County: Fri, April 6 @ 7:00 PM, Smith Hall, 819 W Park St, St Johns, MI
- Eaton County: Tues, March 27 @ 6:30 PM, 551 Building, USDA Service Center, 551 Courthouse Dr, Charlotte, MI
- Genesee County: Thurs, March 22 @ 11:30 AM, Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Rd, Flint, MI
- Gladwin/Midland Counties: TBD
- Gratiot County: Thurs, April 5 @ 7:00 PM, RESD Building, 1131 E Center St, Ithaca, MI
- Huron County: Tues, March 13 @ 7:00 PM, Rooster Ranch, 7480 Germania Rd, Ubly, MI
- Ingham County: Mon, April 30 @ 6:30 PM, Wilson Tallent Center, 611 Hagadorn Rd, Mason, MI
- Kent County: Wed, May 2 @ 6:00 PM, Eagle Park, 3260 Eagle Park Dr NE, Room 105, Grand Rapids, MI
- Lapeer County: Thurs, March 22 @ 6:00 PM, Hadley Old Town Hall, 3551 Hadley Rd, Hadley, MI
- Mecosta County: Wed, April 25 @ 6:000 PM, Hinton Township Hall, 3 Mile Rd/90th Ave, Lakeview, MI
- Monroe County: Mon, April 2 @ 5:30 PM, Cabela’s, 110 Cabelas Blvd E, Dundee, MI
- Muskegon County: TBD