by Anna Mitterling, Wildlife Cooperative Coordinator, MUCC
Wheew! What a whirlwind the past few weeks have been, with a couple more yet to go. I want to thank the local Conservation Districts, PF Chapters, QDMA Branches, cooperative leaders, DNR staff, and Farm Bill Biologists for presenting and sharing with event attendees. Also, a special thank you to Manja Holland with the National Wildlife Federation for helping put together not only the Pollinator Habitat Designation but the foundation for these events.
FREE Local Wildlife and Pollinator Workshops:
These workshops will provide an overview of value grasslands provide on a landscape. They will also provide information on where to find seed and how to plant it, what financial and technical resources are available to assist you in creating and managing grassland habitats, and will showcase the great organizations who are here to help improve our habitats.
To register for one of the workshops listed below, please click here or call 517-346-6454 and leave a message with your name, number, and the date/location you would like to attend. Questions can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barry County: Tues, April 17 @ 7:00 PM, Pierce Cedar Creek Institute, 701 W. Cloverdale Rd, Hastings, MI
- Berrien/Cass/St. Joseph County: Tues, April 24 @ 5:30 PM, Camp Friedenswald,15406 Watercress Way, Cassopolis, MI
- Mecosta County: Wed, April 25 @ 6:00 PM, Hinton Township Hall, 3 Mile Rd/90th Ave, Lakeview, MI
- Ingham County: Mon, April 30 @ 6:30 PM, Wilson Tallent Center, 611 Hagadorn Rd, Mason, MI
- Kent County: Wed, May 2 @ 6:00 PM, Eagle Park, 3260 Eagle Park Dr NE, Room 105, Grand Rapids, MI
For more information, check out https://mucc.org/cooperatives/pollinators/